Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fashion Week Day 2-Sheet music shoes


Posted by Picasa


My daughter saw these here and thought they were the cutest things ever. I thought covering your shoes w/ paper was weird, but I was wrong-they are adorable. The originals were covered w/ book pages. Instead we covered ours w/ sheet music. It would be cool to make them out of your favorite song, but these were just too random sheets that I literally got out of the recycle bin in the garage.

Basically you just cut your sheet music (we used 2 sheets) up into pieces and paint modge on top. We did probably 4-5 layers of modge podge, letting each layer dry in between.
Tips: -the smaller squares work better
-If you cut small slits in the paper, it helps it curve better
-I put a line of tape on the inside of her shoe, so the paper would rub her feet.
She’s wearing them today-I’ll let you know if they all fall apart.

***UPDATE: They ripped a little at the front of the shoes (wear her toes start). We're going to repair them and do another test run. She probably walks a few miles each day at school so I think it's a pretty good field test.

Tip Junkie handmade projects

http://thecsiproject.com/2011/05/15/sponsor-of-the-week-frayed/

11 comments:

  1. I thought about doing sheet music too! I love the idea and your shoes turned out so cute, thanks so much for sharing! Would love for you to link up to my link party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! I love this idea... thanks for sharing... I am your newest follower from bubblynaturecreations.com Have a great day!

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so brilliant! I'm sure with the Modge Podge they're pretty water resistant too. Great job! Found you on Tip Me Tuesday; cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little hesitant when I read just title but they turned great! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a creative and original idea. Beautiful. Are they stiff after Mod podging?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these shoes - I've seen this kind of thing around a lot and love the idea!

    I would love if you came and linked this project to my clothes upcycling page. It has a long term linky, so your project would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have over 60 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas – and this month I’m upcycling lots of clothes and trying to feature lots of the links too!
    Do come and take a look!
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet! I did something like this as well with a pair of heels. I couldn't find the outdoor mod podge locally so I tried Amazing Goop Craft (pink bottle) it's water proof but flexible. It's a little chunky if you're not careful but it works great for touch ups.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool I made a pair of heels with the lyrics to chers "Dark Lady" but they got muddy and I have no idea how to go about cleaning them. Darn grave yards and their daily watering

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I wasn't able to find your contact information to send you an email, but I just wanted to let you know we've featured your idea in one of our recent round-up posts. Here's the link, if you'd like to take a look: http://takelessons.com/blog/musical-crafts-and-activities

    Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing! so much love this idea! <3

    ReplyDelete