Friday, March 11, 2011

Fancy-T / Fashion Week Day 6



My daughter needed a neutral colored shirt to go w/ her new skirt. I could only find this very boring long-sleeve t (but it was on clearance). I forgot to take a pic until after I cut and arm off.I thought I could do something fun w/ it. First I cut off the arms, so it would come to the elbows and hemmed it.



Then I cut the old- sleeve into 2 inch strips. I made each strip into a rosette.
I


I thought it needed some leaves, so I made some w/ some ribbon. Then I sewed everything on the shirt.

TADAAA!




Pretty good-looking shirt for $4 and an hour of my time.

Click here more more fashion fun.


Linking up to Tatertots and Jello : http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com"

Bubbly Nature

Sumo Sweet Stuff

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea, there are so many long sleeve tees on clearance now. It would also be great for all the shirts that will not fit next winter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great! What a pretty shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty! I need to do this for my wee girls. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love dressing up t-shirts!! I love what you've created. Nice touch with the satin ribbon. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute ~ looks like a Downeast thing!
    Great job, I'm sure you daughter loved it!

    ReplyDelete