Friday, March 4, 2011

Easy Peasy St. Patty Pillow

I think this took under an hour and I used scraps so it was free. Speedy and Thrifty.




I started by cutting out all the Leprechaun parts w/ out of fusible web with my Cricut and Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. (In case you are wondering I have at least a dozen or so cartridges, but the Paper Doll ones are my favs). Then I ironed it on the WRONG side of the fabric and cut out all my shapes. You could free hand it if you don't have a cricut but either way you still have to use scissors to cut out the fabric. I would love something that cuts out fabric. (Anyone out there want to send me something and I promise to blog the heck out of it.)




The hat and shoes are actually out of some faux leather. It looks really cute in person, but you'll just have to trust me.












Then I made a quick pocket pillow and ironed all the parts on. I glued some beads on for eyes and drew a mouth on w/ a ballpoint pen. TaDAA!








I've been wanting to make our front door seem more welcoming. I bought a cheap bench a few weeks ago and it's been hanging out in the back of my van. I finally put it together yesterday and thought my new pillow would look great there. What do you think?








Here's some natural St. Patty's day decor that I'm not so crazy about. ARGH!!!




To see my other St. Patty's decor click here.





I'm linking w/ tatertots and jello




and

Update. I thought the jacket was lacking, so I added tiny beads to look like buttons. They're hard to see in the picture, but trust me they are there (and they are cute).


Linking up here.
Pin It


Keeping It Simple

11 comments:

  1. I love your new bench! Very cute pillow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'd love for you to share your mad sewing skills. I need to learn! If only I was in SA, I'd barge on over! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you :)

    Cute pillow and love the bench too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IM a follower! =)


    meomy.socialbutterfly@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you do a fantastic job on your blog, and I would be in no place to tell you what to do on here, but I would say that I love your creations and your creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tweeted about the giveaway!

    http://twitter.com/#!/SoXialButtafly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow you. strawberry
    strawberry_sweetheart39@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little leprechaun pillow is darling! How fun!

    ReplyDelete