Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cats and Dogs Cupcakes



My kid had another order for her cupcakes.  They wanted strawberry cupcakes with chocolate fudge frosting (the BEST recipe is on the back of the Hershey's cocoa tin)  with a cat and dog theme.  We  replaced a little of the powdered sugar w/ cocoa in our fondant recipe to make this yummy brown.  We used the Doodlecharms cartridge for the regular Cricut to cut out a bunch of dogs with our Cricut Cake.  Pretty cute for about 2 minutes work?
We used a little less cocoa to mix up this light brown fondant and then cut out some cats.  Instead of cutting out whiskers, we just drew them with a toothpick.

It has 2 ears I promise.
Check out our other culinary adventures here.
Linking up here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm stopping by from the follow along at Making the world cuter. That was such a great idea...I follow you and then you follow me and we all meet new people. Here is a link to a post I did with all my information:
    http://measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-follow-along-party.html
    I am happy to be following you!!--connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute. You have a great blog. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete