Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Laundry Symbol Art

I've been wanting to add a little personality to my laundry room and I thought this project would be fun. I used 8x10 canvases. They were $3.99/2 and 20% off, so that makes this project pretty thrifty.
Step 1: Find some laundry symbol pics online (who knew there were so many)
Step 2: Print them out. I used freezer paper, but it didn't stick very well to the canvas. I think contact paper would work better.
Step 3: Cut out your design
Step 4: Apply to canvas
Step 5: Use paint to stencil it in.
tip: If your paint bleeds a little, you can always use a little gesso to paint over your mistakes.
Step 5 : Hang it on the wall (this is always the hardest part for me. I think I have a picture leaned up against the wall in almost every room in my house, waiting to be hung)
I really want to build laundry pedestals, but I've heard that using anything else but the pedestals they come with, can shorten the life span of my washer and dryer. Does anyone have any experience with this or is this just a myth thought up by the appliance company's to get me to spend more $?
Click here to see my other Decorating ideas.


Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


Dragonfly Designs

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this laundry room art! It's so hard to find cute things to put in the laundry room with out it looking cluttered.
    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete