Wednesday, March 30, 2011

BOY'S STINK!

After having 3 gorgeous girls, my good friend just gave birth to a baby boy yesterday (she has a really fun book blog you should check out).  I'm am crazy excited for her to enter the world of boys.  They have way better toys than girls do and are way easier to by bathing suits for (way easier).  One not so fun thing about boys is that they stink and they are immune to their own stink. If you've ever been a leader of a room full of Cub Scouts, you know what I'm talking about.

 I not only have to tell them to take showers, but I have to specify that they should use soap and shampoo.  I can not ask them, "Did you brush your teeth?", but must ask, "Did you brush your teeth TODAY?".  I have also had to explain many, many times that deodorant is not a cure-all for BO, but must be applied daily.  My husband assures me that they will become more interested in their personal hygiene when they become interested in girls.  Until then I thought I would make them some friendly reminders that would double as some cute bathroom art. 

I started w/ some 8x10 canvases (they were about $1.50 a piece) and painted them to match the kid's bathroom.  Then I cut out some shapes using my Everyday Paperdolls cartridge on my Cricut.  I didn't have one for the deodorant and we really, really need a deodorant sign, so I just traced an actual deodorant  thingy and cut it out. 
They needed a little something, so I went back and cut out the words "brush, wash, and deodorize" .
TADAAA!

Now I need to hang them on the wall. (Just noticed I misspelled a word-did you spot it?)
 I was trying to get a picture of them with the shower curtain in the background, so you could see how cute they matched, but it was just too hard and I gave up, and I just had to take pics by themselves.
I'm thinking of putting "flush" above the toilet (another thing they can't remember to do), but I'm wondering if that's tacky.  Thoughts?

Linking up here.
You might also enjoy these ideas here.

30 comments:

  1. Adorable! Lol, and not tacky at all to put flush! Mine have to be reminded of that multiple times a day! Nicole at Adventures in Mommyland www.thebakingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's tacky but I need 2 flush signs for my house! LOL Your pics are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I teach fourth grade and I know just what you are talking about. On a hot LA day it's almost like a wet dog smell. I think anyone who knows you have three boys- which is anyone in your bathroom- would smile in a knowing appreciation for "flush."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm putting up a "flush" sign. I think the sound scares them of something. What I find really gross is when not only did they not flush, but theres is no evidence of toilet paper.

    how about "use toilet paper"-crossing the line?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would and a "Ready. Aim." to that "Flush!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ready. Aim. Wipe. Flush. Just like dogs, boys need short concise words. Even the big boys still need tham at times:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! They're simple but colorful and cute (and hopefully effective!). Hooray for little boys and crafty mamas. :)

    Amy
    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "Flush" would be hilarious. These are cute. I might add that girls need some reminding too, I need to do one with nail clippers that says"Trim" a "Brush" and a bottle that says"your hair's not clean until you get foamy sudsy lather...wash, rinse, repeat!" That one might be a little long. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe they don't flush because they are trying to be green. You know, if it's yellow let it mellow..?

    Probably not though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha...you are funny. My son is 2 and he is already beginning to stink! How does that happen???

    These are super cute and I may need to make some for myself!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any mother of boys would love this! You are so smart! I'm making Subway art for my kids' bathroom, but I never would have though about "deoderize". I probably need to add that one. So funny! The look amazing with the shower curtain too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog. $20 store credit from My Carrie Creations to get a backpack withyour kids favorite disney/other cartoon(Dr.Suess/Fancy Nanacy and more) characters. All you have to do is leave a comment.
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/20-store-credit-from-my-carrie.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an awesome idea! I love them and they look so good with your shower curtain! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great - love the way they match up with the shower curtain. And yes, boys need constant reminders - go ahead, add Flush :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WAY CUTE!!! and, TOTALLY do the Flush signs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. such cute functional wall art! love it!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. From one trophy wife to another, I must say that your bathroom artwork is downright darling! If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link this up to my Not "Baaad" (get it?) blog hop, which features a competition for the Best in Show award :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE These! I'm a trophy wife in training and also take terrible photos - your blog is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I featured this on my blog today! Congrats, and thanks for the inspiration :)

    Come get a "featured" button, too!

    http://christinasadventures2010.blogspot.com/2011/04/sunday-features-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. i need this for my husband@ new follower here.. i have a stinky boy too! come check us out :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. super adorable!! Would love for you to come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings! www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are awesome! I may have to make these, I have three smelly boys!! Maybe the flush one too! OH, and a put the lid down too lol!! =)
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. fantastical! love the simple graphics

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am featuring these on my blog today -check it out!
    http://bisforboycreations.blogspot.com/2011/04/fridays-fabulous-finds-for-boys_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! My 9yo boy just started wearing deoderant and I TOTALLY have to ask him all the things you mentioned...EVERYDAY! I have bookmarked your idea and will be using some old canvases I have to make these for outside their bathroom. What a fabulous idea for the stinky and wonderful boys in our lives.
    Found you on somewhat simple.

    retrohipmama at she's crafty

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute!! Love the colors with the shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha! I love it! My sis just told me to do "flush" in our bathroom, since my 3 yr old always forgets & my 1 yr old goes & plays in it. The latest episode involved poop & I had had enough. Just think it's great I'm not the only one with that prob. :) @least the flushing, hopefully no one else has to deal with their kids playing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute and clever. Flush is a necessity and I need a set of these for my own house!

    ReplyDelete