Monday, June 13, 2011

Curried Cranberry Chicken and Couscous (or C4)


I'm a little bit of a picky eater. One of the more benign things I don't care for is rice.  I know this is weird because it doesn't really even taste (I don't mind brown rice too much).  What's more weird is that I love Couscous. Here's one of my quick and easy favs that I based on one I found ont the Near East website.

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
2 tsp curry pwdr
1 tsp EVOO
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 16 ounce can chicken broth
1 cup broccoli
2 tsp brown sugar
1 cup couscous (I use the whole grain kind)
1/2 cup craisins

Sprinkle the chicken w/ 1 tsp curry powder and saute in large pan with EVOO until no longer pink inside.  Remove from pan.  Saute onion and garlic until tender. (sometimes I add a little red bell pepper too).  Add broth, broccoli, sugar, 1 tsp curry, and the chicken.  Bring mixture to a boil.  Stir in couscous.  Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.  Add craisins and toss lightly with a fork.

Quick, healthy and 2/3 of my kids don't think it's disgusting.

Linking up here.
More recipes here.

5 comments:

  1. i must try this! i love anything with couscous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm this recipe sounds good. I'm having my first link party tomorrow. Cast Party Wednesday. Would you be willing to share this tasty recipe at the party? http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... you had me cracking up with that last line. :) We've never been big curry fans in this house, but it looks like it's just a small enough amount that it would give it great flavor without being overpowering. We eat couscous at least once a week, and this would be a great way to spice it up!

    Found you at Cast Party Wednesday and am your newest follower! I'd love for you to pop over today and share this with So Sweet Sundays (ending tonight at midnight)! :) Looking forward to checking out more of your fun blog!

    morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this recipe at my link party. I hope you will come over and share more of your yummy recipies with us tomorrow at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking back on my first party. Please come back over to Cast Party Wednesday and share any new recipes you might have. Thanks, I hope to see you there, ---Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain---
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=31460

    ReplyDelete