Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Have a Heart Attack on Father's Day-AKA Chicken Lasagna

 I got the recipe from my mom and it's hub's favorite meal.  We don't make it often, because I'm sure it's horrible for you, but it sure is yummy.  Not being a fan of cream-o-whatever in a can- it's the only casserole type thing I make, so I always bring it when I need to bring someone a meal.  I make it in one of those disposable pans, cover it w/ foil and then write instructions on top w/ a sharpie.  It can hang out in the fridge for a few days before baking and several weeks in the freezer.

9 lasagna noodles (cooked and drained)
Blend:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 can cream of chicken soup (I use all chicken, b/c I hate mushrooms)
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2-1 cup chopped green onion (any kind of onion works)
1/2 tsp garlic pwdr
1/2-3/4 cups sliced black olives
2-3 cups diced cooked chicken

Spread 1/4 of of mixture on the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Alternate layers of noodles and sauce 3 times. Top with:
2 cups cheddar cheese

Bake @ 350 for 40-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

*You can also substitute broccoli for the olives
*I always serve it w/ green peas and it just doesn't taste as good w/out them.

Pin It
Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. i can feel my hips get bigger just reading this,, but so worth it,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm gonna steal this recipe for my next freezer meal exchange! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... that sounds interesting! I'll have to try it. Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a cook but this caught my interest - therefore I pinned it so I'll remember to try it someday!!! I'm your newest follower because I liked the topics listed in your archive (and I like to follow other LDS blogs!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! I'm featuring you tomorrow at naptimecrafters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this last night- thanks for the great recipe! I made a "Light" version-- I used fat free soups, fat free sour cream, and low-fat parmesan (and only 3/4 cup. It was AWESOME! Oh- I also used broccoli, because I don't like olives. Not too fattening, and so, so so GOOD!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great...I'm just trying to think of a way to make it vegetarian!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm.. Sounds delicious!
    Thank you so much for linking to {nifty thrifty things} last week!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always made a been lasagne, however, this chicken lasagne sounds really nice. I think my family will enjoy it.

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an excellent chicken recipe - almost enough to make me throw out my recipe for lasagne with beef! Very rich and very creamy, a subtle but refreshing change from healthy food recipes including ricotta.

    ReplyDelete