Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Dreamcakes with Buttermilk Syrup

Are you looking for something to make for a special Father's Day breakfast?  The man of our house doesn't really like breakfast, but if yours does, he'll love these.

My mom makes the world's best pancakes. This is not an exaggeration.  Everyone that eats them agrees. She is the queen of all pancake making and I am not even biased b/c she is my mom.  She thinks she also makes the world's best potato salad and the world's best sugar cookies, but she is wrong. (My MIL makes the best sugar cookies and I think potato salad is nasty no matter who makes it).

 My kid's have decided that the term pancakes just doesn't do them justice and have renamed them "Dream Cakes".
We've all tried to make them, but somehow they just aren't the same as when she makes them.  She says it's b/c she cooks with love.  I think maybe stuff always tastes better when you didn't have to cook it. Even better if you escape the dishes too :)
We always at least double this.
In a bowl mix:
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup white flour
Sprinkle in a few Tb of  wheat germ

Add:
1 t bkg pwdr
1/2 t bkg soda
1/2 t salt
1 T sugar

In a separate bowl beat together:
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
4T oil

Mix wet and dry and pour on a greased skillet. Don't flip until tiny bubbles appear on the top of the pancake.Yummy!



My friend Kammy, posted a recipe of pumpkin waffles w/ buttermilk syrup a while ago.  The waffles were met w/ mixed reviews, but we all wanted to eat the syrup with a spoon. One of my kids even tried to pour the leftovers in a cup and drink it.




1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup buttermilk
1 t. Karo Syrup


Heat on Med. Till it comes to low boil and remove from heat and Add:


1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla


Use a large pan because once the baking soda is added it grows in the pan. I store any leftovers in the fridge.



Linking up here.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. My hubby loves pancakes and would love to eat this every weekend! Thanks for the recipe and links.

    Best wishes and happy weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I just pinned this to my food board on Pinterest! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are total pancake eaters around here so this will come in quite handy! AND I'm now dying to try that syrup. Mmmmmmmm! Thanks so much! jules Love the heart pancake, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These do sound dreamy and we have pancakes every Sat. morning so we will have to give them a try for sure! Thanks so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete