Monday, March 21, 2011

Sweater re-fashion

Kohl's had some cute spring sweaters for $9.99 and I had a 20% off coupon. I've loved all the cute sweater re-fashions in the blog world these days and thought I'd give it a try.

Step 1: Cute 8, 4 inch strips of 5/8 inch gross-grain ribbon



Step 2: Fold them over to make "petals".




Step 3: Arrange them around a small felt circle into a flower and hot glue into place. (When I was done, it was a little floppy and so I actually went back and glued a bigger circle on the back)







Step 4: Cut 13 strips of 1/8 inch ribbon 3 inches long.


Step 5: Pin into petal shapes.


Step 6: Arrange thin ribbon into a flower shape and hot glue onto felt circle.

Step 7: Glue thin ribbon flower on top of the other one and hot glue a button on top (the sweater came w an extra one!). I Attached the flower with a safety pin, so I could remove before washing.



TADAAA!
I think that's a whole lotta cute for 8 bucks!



Check out my other fashion ideas here.

Linking w/ these parties here.


Visit thecsiproject.com
Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. Very cute. I might have to make some hair bows like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair-bows would be cute, but I don't have anyone that would wear them. I need some more daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! Great job, love it:) Stoppin in from creative blog's party:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's super-cute! I'm following right along!

    Miranda
    www.justdrinkacoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!
    www.mylifeunzipped.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute idea! I love your ribbon flower. Gives your cute sweater just the right touch.
    shannonsews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! i love to refashion something and make it look totally different! You did a fabulous job! Saw you on Sugar Bee Crafts.
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea. Will have to try it on both a sweater and make some hair ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I've been refashioning my clothes as well, it's so much fun. Stop by sometime domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally cute flower... but what caught my eye on the CSI project was the sweater itself. I love it!

    ReplyDelete