Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pizza Pockets

Is today the day that I'll reach 100 followers? 

If you've been to any type of gathering/ celebration at my house, you have probably eaten my pizza pockets.  Honestly, I can't even remember where I first got the recipe, but I've been making them for years.  They are fast, easy, cheap and a hit w/ the kiddos.

You will need: canned biscuits (the cheap ones that come in a four pack not the fancy "Grands" ones)
pepperoni
pizza sauce
Parmasan  and Mozzarella cheese
Any other pizza toppings of your choice-you could even sneak in some veggies
(bbq chicken is yummy)
Preheat the over to 375
 I've found it works best if I chop up the pepperoni a little.  Then I add a few spoonfuls of sauce and cheese and mix it all together. This isn't a measuring type of recipe.
Next pop open the can of biscuits (the best part). Take one and flatten it a bit with your hand.  Add about a teaspoon of the mixture.
Fold it over to make a little turnover. You can either pinch it closed w/ your fingers or be fancy and use a fork.  You can baste w/ butter (I usually don't b/c they are already high in fat)and sprinkle w/ garlic salt before baking for 8-10 minutes.
Serve w/ leftover sauce.


They are also great to pack in the kid's lunches. 

Of course, you could make them w/ actual bread dough, but I rarely have any handy.
 Thanks for stopping by.

 According to the "stats" I have several visitors a day from other countries.  In case you have never heard of canned biscuits-click .http://www.pillsbury.com/Products/Biscuits/Pillsbury-Biscuits


Linking up here.
Check out other foody fun.

14 comments:

  1. oh gosh i bet they are super flakey and buttery too! yum!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like a great Game Day appetizer!! I am definitely bookmarking this baby for future use...If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up!
    Oh, and I found you At The Picket Fence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those look so good they have to be positively bad for you lol. These are going in my entertaining recipe file! Thanks for linking this up to my VIP party =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy, but i've never heard of or seen canned biscuits before! Look weird to me, hehe. But your end product still looks good! ;)

    Tnx for linking up this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those just look totally tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what fun...these look yummy and easy to make...pretty sure my kids would hoover these in no time...thanks for sharing at ff!

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what fun and tasty idea! I bet my kids would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kiddos would definitely love these and sneaking in veggies is something I am very good at! :-) Thanks so much for sharing these at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings! I saw you on another blog... thanks for sharing this recipe! I am copying it to try it in the summer for appetizers for when I have company over! :)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations are in order! I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that this recipe will be featured at Little Brick Ranch tomorrow for Foodie Friday!! Don't forget to stop by and pick up your button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so going to try this for my next church group meeting. Found you via Little Brick Ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant!!! This time of year pizza equipment is turning into an avalance. I'm certainly going to take your idea and run with it. Thank you...!

    Pizza Equipment For Sale

    ReplyDelete