Saturday, January 7, 2012

Laundry-Bring it on!


BEFORE
How to cut your laundry time in half
Most days, my laundry room looks like it belongs on an episode of Hoarders.  It drove me crazy.

I've had a few laundry sorters through the years, but they just never quit worked out.  I wanted to make those pedestals to go under my washer and dryer, but some people said it will mess up my appliances-something about not being balanced? ? Then I found Ana White's Laundry Dresser.  I showed it to my dad, and he was so excited that we started right away.  I spent $42 on supplies and a couple of hours later, we* built this:
( I know the pics aren't great-I'll take better ones when the laundry room is done)
It is 2 pieces so you can either stack them on top of each other, or place them side by side. (I like the side-by-side better, but it won't fit in my laundry room.)


I've been using it for a few weeks and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!  Yesterday, I finally got around to painting it.  I used some leftover paint from my craft room-Dutch Boy's Flickering Flame. I'm so excited, that now I want to make the laundry room all pretty-I even bought some fabric for curtains.
Its new home. 
 I stuck the Laundry Symbol Art on top.  What do you think?
Thank you Ana White!
If you want to make one, click here for detailed plans and instructions.
 Note-instead of using metal angles to hang the baskets, we used wood.

* Disclaimer: When I saw "we", I really me that my Dad built it and I would occasionally hand him a tool and sometimes even actually use a screw driver.

UPDATE: The room is done-click here to it.
Linking up here



Pin It
Visit thecsiproject.com

28 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'm glad that you (or your Dad :)) worked so hard on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! I just emailed this to my husband to add to his plans for the laundry room. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! I want one too...

    dramaqueenseams.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love this and I need one fast. Just the other day I was grumpy about the fact that I needed 3 laundry baskets to hold my lights, darks and brights. They take up way too much room on the floor. Stacking them would be perfect! Oh, hubby......I need your help.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright fun color - way to make a dull chore like laundry a little more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! You, I mean your Dad, did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great! I love the way the color makes the wall pop. I so want this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, how many degrees of brilliant is this! I would so love one of these, but the laundry closet only can contain the washer and dryer. But we won't live here forever and I will remember this, cause I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most amazing thing ever, I am so pinning this!! Found you on Sumo's Sweet Stuff, hope you have a great week!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AWESOME! Can you make me one too? Teehee...

    Thanks for linking this to Totally Tutorial Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo cool!! When we move into a bigger house, I'm definitely making one of these!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    ~Lisa
    Lisa's Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this! I have a large 4-opening open front cabinet in my laundry room that was left there from the previous owners and one day I had the epiphany to put baskets in each of the cubbies to help sort clothes. I love it so much, but we're thinking of moving and I thought, "what about my sorting system?!" This is the perfect solution, and much more compact. My only problem is that my baskets are often a bit overloaded and don't quite fit in their spots. Need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! I'm for anything that helps get the laundry done. Love your disclaimer. Visiting from a Crafty Soiree...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like one for sorting "clean" clothes. It would be nice if the children could come and get their basket to put away their own clothes. Right now, I just stack their clean clothes on their bed for them to put up. This would be so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I can think of about 8 different ways to use it. Fantastic.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great, I would use it as a side by side in my laundry room. I'm so looking for anything to help make my laundry room more organized. I love it so much I'm pinning it. Thanks so much for sharing you laundry room inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks cute!!!!! We just made the washer stand from Ana white. For us using the stand made our washer more level !!!!! We were worried about it since we have a 1898 home and our basement floor was not level at all!!!! At first we thought we would need a ton of shims to level out the stand but amazingly when we put the washer and dryer on it ,it was perfectly level.No shims needed.I love your basket stand the color is great too!!!!! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is sooo awesome! The joke in my family is that someday my Hubby is going to find me face down in the laundry.. this would be an awesome solution to this problem! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party..can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice! It looks like a great way to organize. Thanks for linking this up to my Shabby Shares link party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We'll be moving into our own house soon and for the first time every will have a real laundry room. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love this project! Looks great. :o)

    You should definitely share this with my blog readers on thrift[me]. They'll love it: http://thriftmeblog.com/lets-organize-2012-kitchen-countertops-recap-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This is brilliant! And I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is an awesome idea! I would try it but I know clothes would just end up right in front of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been wanting one of these for a while! My husband said he would make me one but we would need to figure out the measurements. Thanks for the link to a tutorial. Hopefully I can get some made soon!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete