Saturday, January 21, 2012

Breakfast worth waking up for-Apple Crisp Oatmeal

As I mentioned before, I'm on week 3 of my 12 week Body For Life Challenge.  I eat 6 small low-fat meals, each with equal portions of carbs and proteins. One of my favorite meals is this Apple Crisp Oatmeal and an egg-white omlette.  I eat it almost every day.




1/3 cup Steel Cut Oats
1 cup water
dash salt
dash of cinnamon
1 small tart apple-chopped (Granny smith)
2 packets of Splenda
dash of Molly Mc Butter


Bring first four ingredients to a boil in small saucepan.  Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
Serves 2.


(If I'm in a hurry, I use old-fashion oats, but it's not the same).

2 comments:

  1. First, yum. Second, did you take this picture? It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did take the picture. It's not all yellow and out of focus, so I'm sure you didn't recognize my work :)

    ReplyDelete