Thursday, January 19, 2012

Curtains for Dummies



I found the perfect fabric to make curtains for my craft room  the office.  If you look at it close there are all kinds of sewing stuff-thread, scissors, sewing machine etc.  I'm in love.  I whipped up some curtains using this quick and easy pattern. Well it would have been quick if, even though I checked 4 times, hadn't to still manage to cut it out upside down and have to drive clear across town for more fabric.  It made me feel a little "dumb.  I trimmed it with a black dot fabric to add a little fun and help them pop against my wall.
I sew a lot and people always say how they'd love to learn.  If you're a newby, then I'd recommend starting w/ one of these patterns.  (this isn't a book-it's just a regular pattern) The directions are super simple and if you hit a sale you can get them for .99.

Are you in need of some really great V-Day Day decor?  Well you're in lucky, I'm giving some away in this week's link party.


Pin It
Linking up here.

Visit thecsiproject.com Lovely Crafty Home

20 comments:

  1. Tara, very cute window treatment and love the black edge fab too for "pop"...really cool focal fab :)

    Visiting from Blissful & Domestic linky party-- thanks for sharing :D
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois at WhyCuzICan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the sewing for dummies also, I take it to my mom to do! lol....I can sew but I have never really gotten into it and that has always been my moms thing.....Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is perfect! I love those yellow walls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are darling! And I just bought some of this same fabric to make some valances for my sewing room, so you may have just provided the inspiration...thanks! :)

    ps...love the hilarious description of your blog in the sidebar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so cute! I love the simple shape of it too...and I have an idea where I could use this very idea in my home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are absolutely darling! I have a very similar book and that is how I finally worked up the confidence to start sewing. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! They look so great...I totally need to see if the library has that book. I need some new curtains for our room! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really cute! I need to find those books! Stopping by from TT&J

    Amanda
    everycreativeendeavor.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great, I love the pattern, perfect for a craft room! Thanks for showing off!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these curtains! The shape is great, and the fabric you chose is so cheerful and lively! Please tell me you'll be linking this post (and any other fabulousness) up to the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I LOVE that fabric!! How cute, and how perfect for your craft room!! The polka dot trim is just spot on! It anchors the curtain nicely and is a nice punctuation to the great print. I really need to replace the curtain in my bedroom, and that style might be just the thing. Sadly that fab print wouldn't go in there, but I really like that style. I'll have to look for that pattern the next time I see Simplicity patterns on sale. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are such a cute shape in such a fun fabric! Good job! I want curtains like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute fabric! They look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've used that same pattern and I love it. The Dummies patterns are great because you always end up with great results. Very cute valance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to find that book. I love the bright colors you used and the shape of the curtain is very unique. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the fabric and the trim fabric too! Thanks for sharing at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you so much for linking this to my blog party, I really appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete