Saturday, January 14, 2012

Skinny Cordon Bleu


I am on week 2 of my 12 week Body For Life Challenge and I just think as a general rule, I should try to find my family a little healthier dinning options than frozen pizza.  I remembered a recipe that I hadn't made in years and we all liked it so much, I can't remember why I stopped making it.

It's a really simple recipe that easily converts for larger or smaller families.
For each person you will need:
1 chicken breast
1 slice of Swiss cheese ( I only use 1/4 of a slice for me-I get the flavor w/out the calories)
2 thin slices of lean ham
Egg substitute
Parmesan Cheese

Pound each chicken breast as flat as possible (this is GREAT for your stress level).  Place ham and Swiss slices on top of chicken.  Roll it up and secure with a toothpick. Dip each roll into egg substitute.  Roll in Parmesan cheese.  Place on cookie sheet.  Bake @350 for 30 minutes.

Does it tastes as good as the real stuff?-of course not.  It isn't covered in bread crumbs and deep fried. However, it is carb free, tastes really good, and it even get rave reviews from my hoard of picky eaters. If you've have any recipes that are low in fat and carbs, then please share-I've got 10 more weeks to go.

Pin It


Linking up here and
Visit thecsiproject.com

17 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll have to try that. Seem like it would go over well around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinned!

    Hubs is diabetic. He says he doesn't like chicken (sick of it) but don't think he'd ever say such a thing after eating THIS!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Via: My Dashboard,
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the two weeks! Good job! Definitely trying this! One of our fave recipes is from Weight Watchers. Dip skinless chicken breast in fat free ranch dressing. Roll in crushed corn flakes. Bake. Enjoy! - Marci

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound like they are worth a try! Always looking for tasty low calorie foods to add in to our diet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very yummy - my husband's most favorite dish and this looks like a way to serve it up while making it healthy. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the first recipes I learned to make 22 years ago when I got married! Now, I need this skinny version; it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks yummy! And the "skinny" part is definitely good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum! I this looks great! I would love it if you have the chance to link up @ my blog!
    cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Chicken Cordon Bleu! Thanks for linking to Wednesday Pinterest Favorites. I just emailed you about the pillowcases :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so yummy, and healthy. Love recipes like this. I just started my getting healthy mode. Need to get a grip on it. Thanks for sharing your recipe creativeness at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks SO much for sharing your dish at the Kiss & Tell party over at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks sooo good! and i'm sooo hungry right now! thanks again for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband loves chicken cordon bleu... I will have to try this out! I’m hosting a new linky party. Would love it if you came by and linked up! http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com/2012/01/manic-monday-linky-party-2.html
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum. I've added this to my pile of recipes to try. I like that I can make just one or two without having to make 4 or 6 servings. It's just me in the house now and it gets depressing not cooking my favorites because they make too much food!

    Thanks for linking up to Black Kats Design Cheap Thrills Thursday. I hope you come back next week. I can't wait to see what you have to show off!

    Kat
    BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete