Monday, January 2, 2012

Long Distance Love Pillows-Variations on a theme



My Grandma wasn't the only one that got a long-distance love pillow for Christmas. I also made one for my MIL out of this white dotted fabric and black wool felt. Good thing we don't live in Colorado and she doesn't live in Wyoming or people would just be confused why we loved rectangles.
 

 Next I made one for Aunt Peggy.  She has three adopted boys from Russia.  I found the country outlines online and printed them on freezer paper.  Then I cut out the shapes and ironed it on the fabric.  Then I just painted in each country's flag.
I made this last pillow for my sister.  We adopted her from South Korea when I was 9.  She also adopted a daughter from there and is in the process of adopting another (Adoption Rocks!). 

(Also if you check out the wall, you can get a sneak preview of my plaid wall in my craft room.)

I am super grateful to In Between Laundry for the idea.  It is such a great idea for wedding presents, Christmas presents or even Valentine's Day.
Pin It


Linking up here.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my - that is a super cute idea! What a great gift this would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is adorable and would make a great gift. Sending you every good wish for an amazing year. So glad I found your wonderful place, I will follow on my way out and hope you will find the time soon to come visit me and do the same. I look forward to engaging with you in twenty twelve. For now I am off to see more of your very special place! Cheers Specialk XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! It's such a special gift because it's personalized for the recipient

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I love hearing overseas adoption stories and the parents with limitless love for their children. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cute idea!!! I featured it today on Topsy Turvy Tuesday's! thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely wonderful idea!

    Thank you so much for being a part of the creative spirit and camaraderie on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday at Rook No. 17. I hope you'll feel inspired to join in again this week!

    Warmest wishes,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured this on my facebook page! Such a cute project. Feel free to grab a featured button at this weeks Your Whims Wednesday party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love your pillow...I pinned it..and will make one for my boyfriend..Thank you so much for a wonderful idea. :)
    I found you through Pam @ Threading my way's Link party.

    ReplyDelete