Friday, February 10, 2012

Crop Shirt

Since the practice crop shirt I made yesterday turned out so quick and easy.  I though I would make one for real.  We bought 3/4 of a yard of this fabric and a taffy pink zipper.

 I'm a little old school when it comes to zippers-they should be hidden and match the fabric.  I've seen a lot of exposed zippers on Project Runway and the original tutorial  by Suburbs Mama had one, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm glad I did-I really love it! (it's actually cuter in person when you can really see all the texture of the zipper) Hidden zippers are all about function, while exposed zippers add a fun embellishment.
She wanted it a little more fitted so she could wear it over a long-sleeve shirt.  I think she's adorable!


She mentioned several times this morning how cute she felt.  I think any day you can send a kid to middle school "feeling cute" is a good day :)


Last year, I made us a bunch of maxi-skirts, but I think this is going to be the year of the cropped shirt.  They are so easy and w/ a little tweaking, you can get an entire new look form the same basic idea.




Linking up here.

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. A asked me today how come I don't make her any cute clothes. I told her that she should make them! Does R know how to sew and make clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to teach her. We made some PJ's together once w/ a friend. She loves designing the clothes and is always up for a trip to the fabric store, but hasn't really taken any interest in the sewing part. She loves making accessories. Maybe we'll work on sewing more this summer.

      Delete
  2. Super cute top! I always loved it when my daughter felt cute for school! It makes a mom feel good! I am a new follower through GFC and Linky! ~ Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm a new follower from linky tools,thanks for letting me add my hops,would love you to link up on Monday ?:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I just joined the linky party. I'm a little late because my blog has been acting up. This is my first, so I hope I am doing everything right. I am posting links on the page I submitted.

    Cute top. Wish I liked to sew. I see a lot of cute things. But I just never could get into it, so I can only do the easy basic thing. Never have put a zipper in.

    Please stop by for a visit.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Mixed Kreations, I didn't see your link. Let me know if you have any questions how to link up.

      Delete