Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Salted Twix Bars


I only make treats on Sunday, so I make sure that it's a good treat.  I saw these at Annie's Eats and decided that anything with 4 sticks of butter must be good. 

Find the recipe here.

They were really, really good. Probably my biggest Pinterest success so far.  Here's some tips:

-Unless you're expecting an army, I would half the recipe.  We are pigs, gave a plate to the neighbors, but still have a 1/2 a pan left after 24 hours.

-Wait longer than a minute before adding the salt.  Mine just dissolved into the chocolate.

-My caramel never turned an "amber color" and I wasn't sure what "thickens slightly" meant.  After about 5 minutes, I declared it good enough. I was worried that it would be runny, but it was fine.


What's the best Pinterest treat that you've made lately?

Linking up here.
Pin It
Tip Junkie handmade projects

13 comments:

  1. Delicious! I love these bars. So pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking around think'in of link'in a project, but I didn't get that far after I saw your bars I had to come check them out. I'll give them a whirl, making note to self.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum! They look delish!!

    I host a Weekly Friday Link Party that I would love you to join!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks decadent! I will have to give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look delish! thanks so much for sharing them at my What We Wore and Made party. ps I'm your newest linky follower.

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look sooo yummy! thanks for linking this up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so great!! Happy to have you at Things I've Done Thursday!! www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those look yum! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mouth is watering just looking at these little guys! Yum! I am pinning you on Pintrest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you on NY Melrose Family link party and thought these looked amazing! Have a great day!

    Amber
    www.recipeswelove.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love! Any sort of sweets is a hit in our house! Thanks for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete