Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine Table Runner



table runner + Adorable!=
I've been wanting to do some sort of table-runner for Valentine's Day.  I loved these 2 ideas I saw on Pinterest (sorry no original source for either), and thought if I combined them both, I could make a cute runner.
I cut out 4 small squares and 2 long rectangles of burlap and and the same out of muslin. I placed a piece of muslin in between 2 pieces of burlap and serged the edges.  Then I used really thin black ribbon to stitch the runner together and to make the hearts.
TADAA!




Tip: I tired w/ larger ribbon first, but it kept ripping holes in the burlap.  I'm going to do shamrocks on the other side for next month.

Linking up here.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. this is so lovely!! i can't wait to try it myself. (here from Fridays Unfolded)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed you I would love to have you come follow me as well on my NEW LINKY FOLLOWER TOOL.

    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweeeet! I am your newest linky follower xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! LOVE the heart... so cute! Thanks so much for linking it up... tweeting this now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your runner is adorable! At first I thought the swirls of the candle stand were on the runner. That candle stand goes perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this table decoration! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, cute idea! Glad you shared it at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete