Even though I didn't complete all my goals, I consider this project 100% successful.
I graduated from college over 16 years ago, haven't worked full time for over a decade, and I'd be pretty hard pressed to fill up a decent resume. I am at the point in my life, where I don't really naturally achieve things. For the most part, I am happy to sit on the sidelines cheering my husband and children on, as they accomplish many wonderful things.
This was a great opportunity to get myself off the metaphorical bench and score some goals of my own. I published the list on my blog to hold myself accountable, but it had a wonderful side effect. Family, friends and even acquaintances were constantly asking what I was working on, or how many goals I had left. One of the funnest parts of this project was discovering that I had my own personal cheering squad. Who doesn't need that?
In case you missed it, here's what I did:
Just say no to frumpy and 40
1. No ponytails for 30 days (except for yard work/exercise) (Nov 29, 2012)
2. Wear lipstick every time I leave the house for 30 days (March 2012)
3. Buy eyeshadow (done) and actually wear it (Jan 2012)
4. Get my hair professionally colored (May 1, 2012)
5. Be able to do 10 consecutive push-ups (I can do 0) This is clearly never going to happen.
6. Run an organized 10K race-(May 18, 2012) I have had a hard time finding a race and a free weekend. I did run with my husband in the Beach To Bay Relay Marathon. It was only 4.2 miles, but it motivated me to start running again. I have been running a few times a week since. I hope to run a marathon in the fall.
7. Complete 12 weeks of Body for Life (started Jan 2, 2012)-failed
8. No sugar for 30 days (September 12, 2012)
9. Eat vegetarian for 30 days (June 30, 2012) (kids hated this one)
10. Create a functional and fabulous craft room more or less complete
11. Create a functional and fabulous laundry room (Jan 26, 2012).
13. Create a mommy-command station (Sept 17, 2012)
15. Decorate half bath (16 May 2012)
17. Eat something I grew myself (3 May 2012)
18. Install kitchen hardware (31 Jan, 2012)
click here for tutorial
Because I never have before:
23. Write a fan letter (never really did this-I did e-mail Taco Cabana telling them how much I appreciate their 20% military discount and how much I love their street tacos, but they are so much better w/ the corn salsa and they should bring that back)
26. Attend a Bowl Game (Go Cougars!) (Dec 30)
27. Play a round of Frisbee golf (Jan 16)
28. Get a massage (Feb 13, 21012) Thanks Barb for taking care of this one.
Places to Go:
29. Visit Big Bend National Park (This wasn't really a strong desire of mine, but we planned to go camping over Spring Break. I didn't realize that you had to make reservations years in advance).
30. Visit the Sears (Willis) Tower in Chicago (26 April 2012)
31. See the Hollywood walk of fame (Oct 4, 2012)
32. See Le Miserables (Jan 5, 2012) No blog post-We forgot the camera
33. Eat cheese in Wisconsin (24 April 2012)
35. Take a weekend in the Texas Hill Country with my hubby (June 29-30) Stayed at a quaint little Bed and Breakfast with paper thin walls. When you arrived they had complimentary chocolate, water, snacks, and ear plugs. We had a good time, although maybe not quite the romantic get-a-way we envisioned.
36. Be a member of a live studio audience (March 17, 2012)
We were also on Leno and even contestants on Let's Make a Deal.
Stuff that's good for me:
37. Take a class on Isaiah (January 19-May)
38. Draw up a will-no excuse why this isn't done.
39. Meet with financial planner-My husband's military commitment is up in 2 years, and we have to figure out what we are going to do next,before we make any sort of financial plan. I have been listening to Dave Ramsey:)
40. Write a thank-you note for every gift and act of service (no one do anything nice for me until 2013) I have a stack of about 5 sitting on my desk to be mailed. I should have said-"Mail a thank-you note...)
1. Take a photography class-(Started Nov 28th-I am learning a lot. I even learned how to take ghost pictures.
I am working on 13 Goals to complete in 2013, Stay Tuned!