Monday, January 21, 2013

How to remove oil-based paint from carpets

Before I painted my craft room desk in my kitchen, I carefully laid down old shower curtains to prevent spills of the black oil-based paint.  After the paint dried, I had my daughter help me carry it upstairs.  Because it was heavy and awkward, we set it down in the living room and several times going up the stairs.  

We finally got it in place and I spent an hour or two rearranging my craft room.  I was so excited with how well everything looked.
When I went downstairs, I noticed huge black  dried paint marks on several of the stairs, and even a larger one in the middle of the living room. 
Horror!
Apparently, the paint had leaked under the desk and while the top was completely dry, the shower curtain prevented the paint from drying underneath:(
My Aunt Peggy and her friend Sharon stopped by just as I was calculating the cost of new carpet.  The sell doTerra essential 
oils and thought they could get the paint out.  I was doubtful.

Sharon applied lemon and bergamot oils to the carpet and then blotted the carpet with a rag.  It worked!!!!!!

I don't have to re-carpet my house and my house even smelled amazing. 

If you're interested in essential oils and would like to learn more, you can contact Peggy w8tnomore@swbell.net.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That stuff worked great! Thanks for linking up to Tell Me Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this informative and interesting article. Keep up the good work!

    Airless Spray Gun

    ReplyDelete