Monday, September 17, 2012

Mommy Command Station

#13 on my 40 by 40 list was to create a "Mommy Command Station".  
I wanted to put it in the little hallway between the laundry room and the coat closet on the back wall of my kitchen (hardest spot in the house to photograph by the way). I've been collecting ideas for months (check out my Pinterest board here  if you're looking for ideas too) and finally finished it up this weekend.


1. Welcome sign (the little circle thing changes each month, but currently we are in the middle of birthdays)
2. Allowance Jars 
3. Dry Erase Menu Board
4. Calendar
5.  Baggie full of Box Tops (don't we all have these in our kitchens?)
6.  Thingy from Ikea-I can't remember what it's called, but it was cheap and a great way to hang the kid's art work etc.
7.  This is just a 2x4 that I painted/ glazed and then added some hooks.  The idea is that the kids will stop dropping all their stuff by the front door, but they aren't quit trained yet. 

I just notice there is a Yankee's hat on top of a Red Sox sweatshirt that would make both teams cringe, but I'm just happy they aren't on the floor.


On the opposite wall, I hung some wire baskets that I found for $9.99 at TJ Maxx.  Each kid has a little mailbox to keep homework, notes, permission slips etc.

I also made a giant ruler growth chart and hung it at the end of the hall.  

Hopefully this will help us all be organized.  

16 more goals to finish up and I have a little less than 3 months to pull it off.  I never blogged about it, but I also finished up my 30 days of no sugar last week.  After the first few days it wasn't really a hard at all.  I'm addicted to sweets and I need to come up with some sort of life long plan.  I want to try and limit it to special occasions, but haven't decided how I am going to define "Special Occasions" yet.




To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Seriously love it...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great!! Totally inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. My mommy command station is a white board that still has January 2012 written on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I wish I had enough room around my garage entry door for something like this, but space is limited. The best I have been able to do is add a hook in the laundry room (off garage entry) for my purse. :) I keep an old toy box at the front door and that's where our school bags go during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great and totally practical! Re the no sugar... If it's in the house, I seem to lose will power, so I just don't buy any chocolates etc... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. My family was thrilled when my no sugar challenge was over, b/c I wasn't buying or baking anything yummy.

      Delete
  6. I so need to do this! I have hooks by the door but my kids still seem to want to just dump everything on the floor! Good for you to go without sugar for a full 30 days, I know that had to be hard!
    Thanks for linking at tip toe thru tuesday!
    xox
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sugar is way easier than trying to get the kids to pick up their stuff:)

      Delete
  7. What a great idea! I have a kitchen command center (all of my meal planning binders, recipes, coupon books, etc.) in a cabinet, but your command center like yours is great too!

    Found you through the linkup!

    xo
    SEL
    growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I want to do something similiar, but haven't quite figured out where it would go. Love the BoxTops, too. )I am the BTFE coordinator at the boys'school.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was ever going serve on the PTA board, that's the job I'd want. It's such a great program.

      Delete
  9. Looks great! I love that you have room for so much and for the artwork as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this! All of it! I'll need to make one of these some day. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Those allowance jars are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great way to get everything in one place. Most of this is attached to my fridge (including my box tops bag). Think the allowance jars are a great idea and hopefully can help get my house running smoothly when i start grad school with two little kids in tons of activities.

    ReplyDelete