Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Allowance Jars


In my never-ending and not so successful quest to be more organized, I am trying to set up a mommy-command station.  I'm not ready for the big reveal, but here is my kid's Allowance Jars.  I was inspired by  Nefotlak's hair station. (her pic is way cuter than mine)

I painted a piece of scrap wood green, covered it w/ glaze like my Kitchen Island.  I  sprayed some old knobs white, and screwed them into the wood. The I used some wire to attach  old jars to the board.  Finally I cut out "1, 2, 3" out of vinyl.

I also saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was genuis:  The idea is that you print out  a pic off what you're saving for.  I plan on doing this w/ the kids.
Start a savings shadow box with a picture of what they're saving for. This would also be cool for the kids, to teach them to save for something.

To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It



13 comments:

  1. Great idea for allowance. Please come share it on my linky party!
    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
    Thanks
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this idea! Not only am I pinning it, but I may feature it on my blog, if that is okay with you!! Brilliant! I am working on a command area as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea!!!!!! I need a Camera Jar!!!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I made these for the kids, but I think I may make one for me too.

      Delete
  4. Very nice, please link it up with me today at Wow Us Wednesday. Followed you on linky followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on this idea, as well as your inspiration pictures! Great job making it work for you. Have a great day!

    ~Ellie @ beauty4ashes-ellie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! So glad you linked this to Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea! ...maybe I need to do something like this for my kids...and hope that the money stays in the right jars :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That IS a genius idea! Keeps you mindful and on track ;)
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea, I too am dying to get my shtuff togeather and get more organized! Thanks for sharing with us at tip toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know I have featured your project on the blog this week, please stop and grab a button! http://tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com/2012/06/hello-lovelies-welcome-to-tip-toe-thru_19.html

    ReplyDelete