Thursday, June 21, 2012

White-bean and Sweet Potato Burger

I decided pick June for my 30-day Vegetarian Challenge b/c I knew my hubby would be gone for most of it.  Since I don't cook a lot while my hubby is gone, my plan kinda back-fired and there have been way too many cold cereal and frozen pizza dinners.  He's back, and so I am cooking again.

I found a recipe for Sweet Potato Veggie burgers and thought I'd give them a test run.


I used salt, pepper, 1tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder for the spices.  


My burger mixture had the consistency of mashed potatoes and so I ended up using quite a bit more oil than I wanted. Next time, I think I will make them more as "nuggets" than patties.  


All 5 of us ate them (my kids will eat anything fried), so I declare it a success.  Most of us just ate them plain and not on a bun.  The kids dipped them in ranch, or BBQ sauce.  I just topped mine with plain avocado.  I think  they would be awesome with my mango-avocado salsa.



To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Saw you on EBTKS. I love the looks of your sweet potato burger, I'm going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This looks delicious. Can't wait to try. Found you via EBTKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the link for the recipe. This one, I got to try!!!

    Hope you could join and link-up at Passion Parade Link Soiree I am having today :) Hope to see you there!

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete