Wednesday, March 20, 2013

UPDATE- Grilled Mango Chicken


UPDATE: We took the kids on a cruise for spring break.  We had a great time (especially since we were on the rare Carnival ship that didn't break down in the middle of the ocean), and all over indulged.  
I wanted to make some healthy, but still yummy for dinner and so made this. I also tried out my new photography skills to try and make it a little more appetizing than the original post.  

We are trying to eat healthy, but I also want to eat stuff that tastes good.  I was searching through my recipes and I found one I had clipped from Family Circle Magazine years ago, but never tried.

Marinade
 In a large plastic bag combine:
1/2 cup Mango nectar
1/4 cup EVOO
6 Tb Lime juice
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tb Sugar (or Splenda)
1 tsp. salt
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  Marinate several hours (or over night).
*Most of the time I  just use lime juice and fajita seasoning instead of the marinade.

Salsa
In a large bowl combine:
1 jalapeno seeded and diced
2 Tb lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
2Tb finely diced red onion
Add:
1-2 avocado-diced
1 mango (peeled and diced)
1 Cucumber (peeled and diced)

optional-if you want to ruin it, you can add some chopped cilantro.
 (you can make this ahead of time-the lime juice will prevent the avocado from getting brown)

Grill chicken breasts and top with salsa.  Yummy!
Tip: I chopped up a leftover breast and mixed in with the salsa and made a really tasty chicken salad.
 The marinade is only slightly above average, but the salsa was amazing. I could eat the entire bowl all by myself.




343 Calories, 40 g of protein and 12 g of carbohydrates


Linking up here.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just have to try that. I make a mango avocado salsa that always goes over really well so I think your chicken dish would be perfect! Enjoy your weekend!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I must try this! This is my little slice of summer I've been looking for!

    ReplyDelete