Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Retro-Mint and Polka-dot Blouse

  Mint is all the rage this spring.  I was originally going to make the entire blouse out of mint, but then I thought it needed some contrast.
The color looks a little retro to me and so I dug around in the fabric stash to find this polka-dot (left-over from my laundry room curtains).  

She loves it! She thinks it's adorable and loves that no one else at school will show up w/ the same shirt.

 I like that only cost me about $3 for the fabric and a few hours of my time.
FYI- It's Simplicity 1693-view D.


  1. That's so dang cute! You have some serious skills!

  2. Looks great! I love recycling old fabrics. I'd love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up.

  3. Ok, she is simply the luckiest girl!!

  4. So cute! Would love for you to link up to my party this week. http://www.bloominghomestead.com/2013/03/crafty-tuesday-3513.html

  5. Hello blogger,

    I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. You have some real quality content along with really great fashion designs! I think it would be worth sharing with more people and I believe I could help to get you new readers if you are interested.

    I am looking for passionate writers to join our community of bloggers and I was wondering whether you would consider sharing your posts on Glipho and become a member?

    It might be a good idea to give your writing and your blog more exposure while having fun and meeting fellow writers.

    Please check us out at glipho.com and drop me a line at hubert@glipho.com for any questions.