Friday, June 8, 2012

Zucchini Boats


Do you have a ton of zucchini from your garden yet?  I  adapted this  recipe to make zucchini boats.

Slice the zucchini in half (they were from my garden and so I sliced a few in 1/4ths  because they were so big). The original recipe scooped out all the seeds, but it was a lot of work to grow those babies and I didn't want to waste any. Baste with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and place on boats.  Sprinkle the entire thing w/ Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake @350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and chopped fresh basil and oregano. Place under the broiler for 2-5 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.

I thought they were really yummy.

I am a week into my 30-day vegetarian challenge.  It isn't hard for me to not eat meat, but it has just been a crazy busy week and I haven't made the most healthy dinning choices.  Monday I had a milk shake and Tuesday I had chocolate chip cookies.
To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Yum, these look delicious, pinning now. Just saw this on the tatertot and jello link up thing, and had to come to your blog to see how to make it. I love finding new easy veggie ideas. I look forward to seeing if you post more recipes during your vegetarian challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I just brought in two fresh zucchini from our garden tonight and were talking about how we could cook them tomorrow. I already have all these ingredients and will definitely try these tomorrow! Yay, thanks!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so yummy! I used to have a recipe similar to this but I haven't made it in a long time! You have inspired me to make it again! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good! Our zucchini plant in our garden gained some super powers this season and has been producing like crazy! I am always looking for some new recipes to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks so delish Tara - thanks for sharing, I have been looking for a new vegetable dish! And your photo is so great - it seems like I could just reach out and take one to nibble on! Good luck on your vegetarian challenge! :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try these. They look great and like an easy way to get the kids to eat their veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck w/ the kids and veggies. That's a struggle around here. I think next time I am going to call them "zucchini pizzas" and throw some pepperoni on them.

      Delete
  7. this looks so delicious I definitely am going to have to try them!

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete