Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Panel Pillow Pattern

How's that for alliteration?

Kelli from Random Thoughts of a Super Mom suggested that I should make a pumpkin pie pillow to go along w/ my turkey pillow. (She made a really cute pie t-shirt for one of her kids) What a great suggestion, I think it turned out cute.

If you want to make one, I traced the pieces I used to make a pattern for you. (PDF Here)
Iron some fusible webbing on the back of fabric.  Then cut out each pattern piece.  I was a lazy photographer, but here's all the pieces stacked on top of each other.
Then out of the same fabric as the crust, I made some pleats (I pleated every 1/2 inch) then basted it into place.


Next I sewed the pleats to the back of my pie and trimmed off the excess.
 Finally, I ironed the entire pie onto a green checked panel, made button holes and attached. I added a little bloom thingy for whipped cream.

I think they look pretty cute hanging out on my porch with my Be Thankful and my turkey pillow. I guess I'll need to come up w/ something for Christmas soon. Ideas?

17 comments:

  1. Now these are different and too cute!The pie slice is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cute! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest pillows I've ever seen! Truly yummy!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is seriously adorable! I love the ruffled pie crust!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the three pillows together! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! And it looks great with the other two pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sense of humor with these pillows! The dollop of whipped cream on top of the pumpkin pie slice is too perfect. :)

    Take care,
    Erin @ Carolina Country Living
    (visiting from Feathered Nest Friday - link #34 - stop by, I'm holding a soy candle giveaway through Sunday--one of the candles is called Pumpkin Pie!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them there so cute!! I'm having a giveaway and i would Love if you'd enter!
    You can check it out here:

    http://sewfantastic.blogspot.com/2011/11/obol-review-and-giveaway.html

    Julianne

    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pillow gave me the giggles! Thanks for linking up with Awesome Inspirations by You! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! As a pumpkin pie fan, I'd love to have my own & it looks so cute with the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just letting you know that I am featuring these great pillows tomorrow on my blog... cause I think they are just ridiculously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! My favorite part is the little flower on top for the whipped cream! I found you through Skip to My Lou. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, seriously all your pillows are so cute. I love to sew, and would never of though to make such cute seasonal pillows. The pumpkin pillow is adorable and thanks for the PDF to make. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving, and thanks so much for sharing at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your idea..very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your pillow are sooo cute but the Pumpkin Pie takes the cake, er, I mean pie. Thanks so much for sharing at Sunday's Best =)

    ReplyDelete