Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy 40th Mom and Dad


We have been crazy busy around here. My husband and I were gone for a combo 10-day business/ anniversary trip. Then, his family came for a 10 day visit the day after we got home. In the middle of all this was my parent's 40th Wedding Anniversary, which actually fell on Thanksgiving Day. My siblings and I got together and had each member of our the family do a scrapbook page.  There were lots of laughs and even a few happy tears as they read each page aloud.  Then we presented them with the family tree wall hanging.  I saw the idea idea on Pinterest. 

I was going to quilt each hand, until I remembered that I am not a quilter.  I just used fusible webbing to iron on all the pieces. See the scrap of fabric pinned on the tree?  It is for my niece that my sister is waiting to bring home from Korea soon. We are trying ever-so-hard to pray her home quick. (Update: my niece finally made it to her home about 5 months later!)


Parents are so hard to buy for and I think this would make a great Christmas Present.

I'm linking up here.

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out great! What a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice :) (P.s. I can't send you an e-mail when I'm answering your comment. I don't know why) Well, thank you on your nice words...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift for them - My parents had their 40th last year and I think we gave them a gift card to a restaurant - I think I have to do better in the gift department

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazingly touching present for them! plus you've created a family heirloom! thanks for linking them up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party last week! hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete