Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My all time favorite treat

Have you heard the quote, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".  That person never ate these.  

I make these all the time, but they don't photograph well and so I never blog about them. I got the recipe from my friend Melanie-(my sister makes them too and calls them O'Henry Bars). They are the perfect treat. Sweet from the chocolate, salty from the peanut butter and crunch from the cereal-yummy.  (and they are super-easy).

Ingredients:
1 cup Corn Syrup
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Peanut Butter
6 cups rice cereal
1/2 bag of chocolate chips (my daughter uses the entire bag, but I think it throws off the perfect chocolate-PB ratio.)

In a large pan, heat first 3 ingredients just until warm and blended (it only takes 2-3 minutes). Add cereal. Put in the bottom of a 13X9 pan. Lick the spoon-that's your reward for making a treat.

Heat chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.  Stir between intervals. Spread on top of cereal.  Let cool (I stick them in the freezer for a few minutes, b/c I'm impatient).

Pin It
What's your all time favorite treat?  Please, link it up to this week's party so I can try it out.

To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - these look so delish - thanks for sharing this recipe...haven't made rice crispie squares in a while...Hope you have a fantastic Easter weekend! Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful
    I can half of the pan by myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that myself. I just can't stop once I start eating them.

      Delete
  3. I love rice krispy treats! Especially with peanut butter and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are also my all time favorite treat! I use the exact same recipe, except for the chocolate topping I use a half bag of butterscotch chips, and a 1/2 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips. If you haven't ever tried this, it's an absolute must!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. The current Food on Friday is all about Rice and other grains! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Wishing you a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're ever in the mood for these and don't have time to make them, they sell them at Buc-ees! Your Mom and I split one when I was in town and it was delicious! Dang - now I'm craving one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For Hsv-1&2 cure and to win Ex back,,. Email Robinsonbuckler11 @gmai l.... com………

    ReplyDelete