Monday, April 16, 2012

Knock-off Mondays-Crop Shirts

Crop shirts are perfect for the warmer months ahead.  Here are some by some big names:
Guess $118Bebe $69Michael Stars $84
1. Guess $118                         2.Bebe $69                     3. Michael Stars-$84



Tara-$2.81 and 30 minutes !

We saw this fabric at Joann's for $9.99/yard. I only need 3/4 (it was 54 inches wide) of a yard and with sales and coupons it ended up being less than $3.


I  hit some weird button on my camera so this pic turned out worse than normal, but hopefully it will give you a basic idea. Just cut 2 of these pieces on the fold (so it will look symmetrical).  

My daughter is a size small, so adjust accordingly. 
TIP 1:  Go a grab a shirt from your closet and use it as a pattern. 
TIP 2 :  Cut it a little larger-you can always take the side seams in if it's too big.
Then place the pieces on top of each other and sew them right sides together.  Then sew a narrow hem along the bottom, sleeves and neckline. If you don't have a serger, check out my french seam tutorial.  It took me about 30 minutes-I've spent longer ironing a shirt.

This makes the 3rd crop shirt I've made for her this spring.



To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. just wanted to let you know i added my party to your page and accidentally added it under wednesday when it is supposed to be under friday, feel free to delete the wednesday one! thanks!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FAB!!!!!!!! I would take a bunch too!!!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love an easy sewing project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great and you can't beat $3! What a wonderful project and we are so glad that you shared it with us! Have a great week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this style, looks super cute belted. I think I might need to make a few for summer! I'd love for you to share your great tutorial over at Etcetorize (http://etcetorize.blogspot.ca/2012/04/make-it-great-monday_22.html). Party is still on~

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Hsv-1&2 cure and to win Ex back,,. Email Robinsonbuckler11 @gmai l.... com………

    ReplyDelete