Monday, October 31, 2011

Trunk-Or-Treat

Saturday night we had our annual Trunk-or-Treat and Chili cook-off at church.
The boys went as the Blue Man Group. Turns out-not a lot of the under-12 crowd has any clue who they are. I guess it's just the burden you have to bear if you are way cooler than all your friends.

 If you want your kids to be an obscure character for Halloween so that they can spend all night telling everyone who they are, all you need is a tube of .97  (I used 2 for all 3) blue make-up tubes from Wal-mart and swim caps. The boys refuse to tuck their ears in, so they looked a little smurfey.
Surprisingly, a lot of kids didn't know who Mary Poppins is either (we may need to move somewhere with cooler kids).   It's one of my all time favorites.   
If you want to be practically perfect in every way- Click here to see tutorials for the hat and umbrella.



For the most part, the blog is mostly about crafts, but I'm hanging out out Crayon Freckles today, talking about my life and my parenting style. Come visit.

13 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the Mary Poppins costume. It's on my "list" of ways to dress my daughter for upcoming trick or treats. I'm stopping over from Crayon Freckles, and I love your "shoes". I especially love your "Modest is Hottest" motto with your daughter. I think modesty is so important, and isn't emphasized enough! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! You'll be the hit of the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute....I would LOVE for you to please share this awesome post at my 6Wicked Days of Halloween party today pweeease... http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/flash-back-halloween-6-wicked-days-of.html ..wishing u a spootacular day :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! You're so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love all of your costumes! can't believe kids didn't know who you guys were, but i am sure the adults got quite a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surprisingly few adults knew who we were either. A few people thought they were the smurfs, but my favorite was when someone ask my youngest if he was supposed to be a "Blue Rapper"????

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome~!!! thanks for linking up to Mom it MOnday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both awesome! Thanks so much for linking up to the Halloween Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fun! I love BMG! I went to see them in Chicago several years ago and actually was brought up on stage! It was crazy! They made goo shoot out of my chest. Weird. :) Thanks for linking this up too, it'll be part of my round up today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blue man group looks good to me! As Does Mary Poppins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the costumes! So cute.. and of course you have to love a costume that provokes conversation!
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!
    Hope you stop by and enter my current 500 follower giveaway @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/11/auntie-lolos-crafts-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your costumes are great...and I would have known who they were...but we did Princess Bride this year (like you did a few years ago, only mines not as good as yours) and some people had no idea who they were...but the people who did know, absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete