Thursday, October 13, 2011

Super Saturday Crafts

Last Saturday at church, we had our annual "Super Saturday", where we sit around all day and do crafts. A committee selects the crafts and gathers the materials and all I have to do is show up-it's pretty much my idea of heaven. Unfortunately for me, my son's football game was rescheduled, and so I only got to spend 1 1/2 hours there and then had to finish the rest up at home. Here's what I made:
* I don't know where the committee actually got the ideas, I just searched for similar ideas on Pinterest and found the tutorials.


 My favorite idea were these Harry Potter Books that my friend Amber thought of. Genius.  When I got home, I noticed the green clashed w/ my green wall. (I should have submitted paint samples to the committee to insure that crafts co-ordinated w/ my decor)  I slapped on a few extra layers of paint and I really liked the way it turned out.
http://mncrafts.blogspot.com/2011/09/2x4-harry-potter-books.html


With the same wood, you can also make this pumpkin.  Gotta love pumpkins b/c we can leave them up until Thanksgiving.
http://undermypolkadotumbrella.blogspot.com/2010/09/2x4-pumpkin-tutorial.html


I loved this wreath so much that I made it anyway-even though it blends right in w/ my black front door. I think I need to add a cute little spider. Thoughts?
http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/2010/09/boo-wreath-tutorial.html



I've seen lots of similar ideas for these wood firecrackers, so I didn't link a tutorial.

Such great ideas and I love that they broke w/ tradition and didn't just do Christmas projects.  Thanks ladies!

I'm linking up to all these parties here.
Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. Those are great! I especially love the books and the firecrackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post full of ideas! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!
    Dating

    ReplyDelete