Monday, October 10, 2011

Dollar Store Pumpkin Topiary

On my last trip to the Dollar store, I found these fabulously tacky Styrofoam pumpkins. 
 I spray-painted them white and painted the stems brown.
 Then I fancied them up with a little more paint. I also covered them w/ a little brown glaze.  Then I tied ribbon around the middle to hide the oh-so-classy seam and my not-so-even argyles.  Finally,  I used a BBQ skewer to stick them on top of each other and put them in a pot. 
TADAA! 
Not bad for $3 and I'm sure those of you w/ actual artistic talent could something even better.


I am having way too much fun decorating for Halloween this year-check out all my ideas here.

What have you been working on?  Please link up to my party here.


I link up here. and hereTip Junkie handmade projectsVisit thecsiproject.com

14 comments:

  1. Love it!! I am loving white as a Halloween color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this! What a fun little decoration! And the dollar store pumpkins totally rock. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I love the colors of paint you used! Very cool idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Great job. I'd love it if you linked up to my party www.projectqueen.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cool, I love Fall decor!

    happylizard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, I too am having lots of fun with the dollar store pumpkins. Check out my blog to see some of the makeovers I have done. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so passed up these pumpkins from my dollar tree because of that darn seam! Love that you painted them and added the ribbon. I went back today to pick up a few but they were all gone. Sob...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful and whimsical transformation!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love 'em! I featured them at Mushki Loves today!
    Thanks for linking up!

    Have a great day!

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete