Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

Did you notice the new look of my blog?  I spent a few hours yesterday making it pretty.

My daughter turned 13 and we celebrated all weekend long. For her actually birthday, I made her these.  I thought that they were a little more sophisticated than your average cupcake.  Now that she's a teenager, I've got to do more than sprinkles.

For the Batter:
Preheat oven to 350.
The juice and zest of 1 large lemon
3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg
1 package yellow cake with pudding in the mix
1 1 /4 cup water
1/3 cup oil
Mix all the ingredients and pour into 24 lined cupcake pan.  Bake for 18 minutes.  Remove and let them cool for 20 minutes. 

For Filling:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice

Place mixture into a pastry bag and squeeze about a Tb. of filling into each cupcake.

Meringue:
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
3 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar

Beat cream of tartar and egg whites for about 45 seconds.  Start adding sugar 1 Tb at a time, until it forms stiff peaks.  Spoon onto cupcakes and bake @ 45o for 5-6 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown. 

They were yummy served warmed and also great the next day after being in the fridge (although the meringue wasn't as pretty)

Linking up here.

22 comments:

  1. These sound and look really yummy! I will be trying them soon. Lemon meringue is my hubby's favorite! :) I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from 20 Below -- these look fabulous! I'll have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lurve lemon meringue, so these are definitely going on my to do list, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Wow, these look great. I am definately going to try them out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! Will you deliver one for my birthday next week? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fabulous and I know they are delicious! Please share your recipe with our readers by linking up at Muffin Monday. Thanks!
    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-applesauce-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look wonderful - don't you just love the way meringue browns!! It always looks so pretty!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday.

    Oh, and if you haven’t done so already - don’t forget to pop on over to Little Brick Ranch to enter the Joey Totes Earth Day GIVEAWAY!!!

    **Bloggy Tip of The Day - Make sure you have an email address associated with your profile to make it easier for people to reply to your comments!! :) **

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these look awesome! I'm a fan of lemon flavored anything - can't wait to try it!

    ~Jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum, yumm yumm yumm....ok one more...yumm!
    !new follower!
    Hope you can come see me too at http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohmygoodness! What a beautiful cupcake! I love the combination of lemon meringue and cake. Yum! I sure wish I had one for a late night snack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks wonderful. I will have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound amazing! I love lemon merigue pie, so these are on my list to make! Thanks for posting, now following from saturday swagger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Lemon Meringue Pie, these look divine! Found you at Lolly Jane!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so pretty! way to go, i would never have thought you could make a cupcake after that yummy pie! (:

    thanks for linking up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look divine! I am a huge fan of lemon desserts {must be the Italian in me}

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yum! Thanks for linking up to Make & Share. I'll be featuring in next weeks hop! Stop in and grab the feature button in my sidebar!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love meringue! Really, I wouldn't be able to resist eating the tops off all these cupcakes :p

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to try this recipe. I shared this recipe on my blog post, Must Try Tuesday.

    http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/05/must-try-tuesday-may-17-2011.html

    Thanks for sharing a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cupcake looks delicious and very beautiful
    I'd loooooooove to eat it

    ReplyDelete