Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How to get your kid's to clean

This is all of my kids' favorite thing for dinner.  They like it so much, that I can use it by saying, "If everyone will clean their rooms, I'll make chicken pockets".  They're that good.

Just like the pizza pockets, these are not an exact recipe and you can alter it to fit the size and tastes of your family.  There are 5 of us, and we are pigs, so here's what I do:

In a small bowl
2 cooked chicken breasts-shredded
2-3oz of soften cream cheese (I've seen recipes that called for up to 8, but I didn't like getting a mouth full of cream cheese)
1/2-1 cup shredded or cubed swiss cheese
1/4 cup minced red onion

Open 3 packages of refrigerator crescent dough cans.  Put 2 triangles together to make a rectangle.  Put chicken mixture on one half of the rectangle and fold over the other half.  Pinch to seal around edges.
You can brush w/ butter and sprinkle garlic salt and Parmesan cheese if you'd like.

Bake @375 for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.

Options, you can use any cheese you wish.  I used feta once and it was yummy. You can also add cooked diced veggies, olives etc or even ham or bacon.

Serve it w/ spinach salad, so you're getting some sort of nutrients for dinner.

Linking up here.
You might enjoy these recipes.

5 comments:

  1. If that's all it takes to get some cleaning done, I;m there! These sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...we love these. I've never thought of adding swiss cheese though - that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super idea...I love feta so I think that would be a great way to go for us!
    Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday.

    Oh, and if you haven’t done so already - don’t forget to pop on over to Little Brick Ranch to enter the GIVEAWAY!!! I’ll give you a hint...Homes, Food, and all things Frugal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like something my family might enjoy! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love these. I've never thought of adding Swiss cheese though - that sounds good!:

    ReplyDelete