Monday, May 14, 2012

Knock-off Monday-Pool sign


This is what I made for my Dad for Christmas, I just never got around to blogging about it. 
Idea for sign for pool
I think the men in my family are born w/ out that little warning bell that goes off in your brain when you are about to do something stupid.  This seems to occur more frequently, when all the females go inside to fix lunch.

I saw this on Pinterest and thought my Dad needed it out by his pool-especially when my brother Dave is in town.  
-Over Thanksgiving, all the girls went out for some girl's time and left the boys in charge. Shortly after we left, he texted me a picture of my youngest sitting on top of the slide dripping wet with purple lips. (Since it was November no one had suits and several of them were in their underwear) 
-They've also been known to "surf" down the slide and participate in the world's most dangerous slam dunk contests.  
-Last time we were over, they found 5 gallon buckets in the garage.  The tipped them upside down, trapping air inside and were using them as some sort of primitive scuba diving device.

What crazy things do the men in your families do?

To make the sign, I just painted some wood w/ exterior paint.  Then I cut out some vinyl letters w/ my Cricut and covered the entire thing w/ some polyurethane.


To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It



Visit thecsiproject.com

21 comments:

  1. Too funny! I want to make one for our pool. Maybe it will keep my kids and their friends from goofing off too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It is too funny. It reminds me of my family. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBO (I don't use the "A" word!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! That is awesome! :)

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hilarious! found you at DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA Funny!!!

    My Dad has this sign at his pool: Welcome to my ''OOL''. There's no Pee in it, so keep it that way!

    Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, we totally had that same sign by our pool when we were growing up!! Hilarious!! ;)

      Delete
  7. So funny! I thin they needed this at the summer camp pool I went to:)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is hilarious!!! I have to share this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure this saying would have applied several times to my siblings and myself growing up and probably still applies to my brothers now...your sign just makes me smile with all the memories :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha you are too funny! Thanks for sharing at Things I've Done Thursday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I need this sign ALL over my house. I've a daredevil husband and the two year old seems to be totally fearless.

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you via DIY Dreamer. That is funny! hehe Sounds totally like a dad, or at least my dad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fantastic project! Love it! Would you consider linking it up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Just love it! Hope they can abide by the rules! hee hee ;)

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  15. I soooo need to make that for my brother-in-law's pool! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to say a big thanks to Dr Sayo who God have sent to heal his people with his natural medicine I pray that God will bless you for the good work you are doing. for all who are still suffering from this illness, you can also contact him through his email on :;; sayoherbalhealer@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2349012175679 visit his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/SayoHerbalHealer like they say his herbal remedy is the only permanent solution to Seizure. He Can as well cure the following... Herpes Virus, HIV/Aids, Hepatitis A/B, Shingles, Cold Sore, Epilepsy, Wart, Lupus, Diabetes, Men/Woman Infertility, Seizure, Cancer all types. visit his website: http://sayoherbalhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete