Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oreo Dessert


My husband spent the better of the month in the jungles of Suriname on a humanitarian mission with the military (yes I am married to a super hero). I asked him if there was anything special he'd like to eat when he return.  He asked for Diet Coke w/ Lime, BBQ chicken pizza, and Oreo Dessert.  It's something that my Mom has been making for years (I think it originally came from my Aunt Peggy) and is his absolute favorite.  If you want to make some for the superheroes at your house, here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
30 Oreos
1/4 cup butter
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (slightly soft)
Fudge sauce
Cool Whip or Whipped cream

Remove the cream (optional) and crush the Oreos.  We leave them kinda chunky.  Mix with butter and spread on the bottom of a 9X13.  Top w/ ice cream. Top with fudge sauce.  You can use the store bought kind or use this recipe (just make sure it's not too hot or it will melt all your ice cream.  Return to freezer till firm.  Top with the whipped topping of your choice. Enjoy!

1/4 cup melted butter
1 square unsweetened chocolate
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine butter and chocolate until melted.  Gradually add ev. milk.  Add vanilla. 

Linking up here.
More foody fun found here.


5 comments:

  1. Yum! I might have to try this, but I think I'm going to use caramel instead of hot fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oreos are only the best thing EVER! Looks delicious!

    http://photographernaturally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really need to stop making me DROOL. Maybe if I made this I wouldn't eat the whole bag of Oreos in one sitting. Yes, one. I could very easily. That's why I only buy them once in a blue moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yumm girl! this looks great:)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm! This looks simply decadent! Can't wait to make it for my hubby! Sounds like you have an amazing hubby.. but he is lucky man too! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete