Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Storage #2

I was relieved to learn from all the comments from my fabric storage boxes, I am not the only "Piler" out there.  I was thrilled to find these lime green crates at Wal-Mart for $3.47-so I bought 7 of them. (Last Friday, when I went back they were all on clearance for $2).  I  added hanging files to three of them to keep track of various files of mine.  The other 4, I'm simply going to use to hold more of my piles. 

I typed up some labels, and then double-mounted them on both patterned and black card stock.  Then I busted out my daughter's laminater (she actually asked for one for her last b-day-how cool is she?).  The I cut out 2 inch strips of fabric, punched holes, and tied a label on each basket.  Ton of very cute storage for very little money.


I'm still working on the craft room, so stay tuned for the big reveal.

I'm Linking up Here.

5 comments:

  1. Nope, you're not alone, I'm definitely a piler too.:) I love the Lego ideas below.:) I'm a new follower from the Thrifty crafty blog hop.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO cute! Love the way you made the labels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...I could hide a lot of stuff in there. I've seen those crates, but hadn't considered them before, but I think I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your decorative labels with the lime green. It's a great storage idea. Thanks for linking up to my Shabby Shares Link Party :).
    Renee @ http://rustic-crafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually a pack rat-- which is WORSE than a piler! But I love organizing ideas. These cheery bins are so adorable. Great job. Thanks for linking this great project to Fab Friday!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete