Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chocolate Covered Cocoa-Spoons


A cold-front moved in to San Antonio yesterday and we are enjoying the cooler weather. We have the rare opportunity to wear long sleeves and sip warm beverages.

Some people top their hot chocolate with whipped cream, others with marshmallows, but I prefer mine with more chocolate.

Here's a quick way to make hot chocolate more fun and tasty.

Just melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips (any flavor)  in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.  Stir. Microwave about 20 seconds more.  Stir until smooth.  Then just dip a plastic spoon in the chocolate and shake off the excess.  Then you can top w/ crushed candy canes, red hots, sprinkles, mini-marshmallows or even drizzle with white chocolate. The possibilities are endless. Place on wax paper to cool.  

You can keep them for yourself or use them to spread a little holiday cheer. If you throw a few spoons in with some hot-chocolate mix, they make a fun Christmas gifts for the neighbors.
Enjoy!


To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. You have rare opportunity to wear long sleeves... Ok, where do you live, I'm moving to your place (do you have any spare room? I'll be cool with sharing room with your pets... :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Antonio, TX. The summers here are brutally hot but I love our weather October through the end of April.

      Delete
  2. Super cute idea! Very festive for the holidays...I will have to keep this in mind for our Christmas party:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that-they would be festive for a cocoa bar.

      Delete
  3. Looks simple enough! I'll probably make a batch of these for teacher gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous of the cooler weather too. I do love the chololate spoon idea. My kids would love to make and have these for their hot chocolate on Christmas Eve.

    Michele @ Better Organized Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm, yum!

    I have a weekend party I'd love for you to share this on:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun! Love it!Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Happy weekend!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just stick them straight in my mouth?

    What? Don't judge me!

    Thanks for the fun. Found you through French Country Cottage and so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'm going to have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I'm totally pinning this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete