Friday, November 9, 2012

BBQ Pork and Coleslaw Sandwiches


To cope with our busy schedules, I have been busting out my new crock-pot on a regular basis.  For the most part, the family is not a huge fan. My son even called it the "crock-potty".   I was laughing on the inside the entire time I had to give him a typical mom lecture about respect, starving kids in Africa, your father works hard to put food on the table, I slaved over a hot stove, blah, blah, blah... 

My family really likes these sandwiches and happily ate them of their own free will.  They are perfect for those crazy nights when you know you will have no time to cook or when everyone will be eating at different times.  I can prepare everything hours in advance, and then people can just assemble their sandwiches when they are ready to eat.


Pork Roast
1 Jar Kraft Thick and Spicy BBQ sauce w/ Brown Sugar
Add pork to crock-pot with 1/2 cup of water.  Cook on low for a few hours.  Drain all the juice.  Add BBQ sauce.  Cook another 1-2 hours on low. 


1/2 onion minced
2 Tb sugar
2 Tb cider vinegar
1 Tb yellow mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
Head of Cabbage-shredded
1-2 shredded carrots

 Mix everything but the cabbage and carrots together. Pour over cabbage and carrots and mix well.  You can even make the coleslaw ahead of time.


Make yourself a sandwich.  Enjoy

TIP:  The first time I made this, I added the BBQ sauce at the beginning and it was just really greasy.  I think it just tastes better and is healthier if you drain the meat and then add the BBQ sauce.




To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I"m totally laughing at the crock potty comment - sounds like what my kids would say! :) But I love the crock pot - will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know I'm a sucker for all things pulled pork? Yes, my boys would agree with the "crock potty" comment :)

    ReplyDelete