Saturday, March 3, 2012

1 Hour Wrap- Skirt

First of all, Kudos to all those of you that take pics of yourselves all the time.  I enlisted the help of a not-so-enthusiastic teenager and this is the best shot of the skirt out of about the 50 we took (my eyes were closed so I just cropped out my head).


I never sew for myself.  I figure it's like buying clothes, spending a few hours on them, and then trying them on and it never works out well for me.
 I needed some skirts, patterns were $.99 and I have a ton of fabric, so I thought I'd give it another try. I figured if I hated it, I would just take in the seams and give it to my kid.  
 I used McCalls #5430 view A.  The package says it is a "1 Hour skirt".  If I didn't sew the waistband on upside down (ARGHH!)-it might have taken an hour.  There are no zippers so I think this would be a good one to try if you're a beginner. I'm going to make another one, and I'll time myself and report back. I've got some linen, that I think would look pretty as a wrap skirt, but this time, I'm drawing arrows on all my pieces.

To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

23 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I love the fabric and the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, I have this pattern and i loveit too. very comfy and so easy .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I never sew for myself either, but I should start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cute! I did a mcalls 1 hour dress here: http://delilahthomas.blogspot.com/2011/05/one-hour-dress.html
    And I timed it as well. I love your skirt...and I love when they only take 1 hour! Then it's worth the time and money! I think I'm going to get that pattern. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute skirt, love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is super cute, I am learning how to sew and use patterns so I will have to try and find the pattern. So far I have only done a simple A-line skirt with elastic. Which I took some pictures its on my blog, www.newlifeovernight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great. I should start sewing for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that skirt! I am a skirt girl all summer long but can't stand that you can pay $50 for a nicely fitted skirt. This is a beautiful flattering length and style. Thanks for sharing! I am new to sewing so this is the perfect start kit for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your skirt turned out SO well! It looks really comfy and flowy. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty skirt.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so stinkin cute and I love the spring fabric!! THANKS for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty skirt, and in less than 1 hour, this is something right up my alley. Love the material you choose, Don't you just love when patterns go on sale for 99 cents, I usually buy 10 at a time. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have an entire stash of 99 patterns. It seems like in blogland people never use patterns-it is so much easier.

      Delete
  13. Hi Tara, I've featured your fabulous one hour wrap skirt today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/03/threading-your-way-features_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit! Love how you paired the skirt ;)
    http://www.mogulinteriordesigns.com/category/26884634861/1/Skirts.htm

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm about to start cutting for the skirt. Yours looks lovely just like the pattern envelope.

    ReplyDelete