Monday, October 15, 2012

Knock-off Mondays: Cuffed Crop Tutorial

I bought a yard  (60 wide) of this cute chiffon in LA for $1.99.  We did a little online window shopping for inspiration and found this on Piperlime.  I made the neck a little narrower, b/c I hate it when my shirt is always falling off my shoulder showing my bra strap.



I started w/ the same way as my Sheer Crop Shirt (tutorial here).

 Step 1: Measure the opening of your sleeve.  Mine was 20 inches so I cut a strip 20  5/8 (to allow for seam allowance) inches long and 4 inches wide.
 Step 2: Sew ends together.
 Step 3: Fold cuff in half so the seam is hidden.  Serge unfinished edge (Optional).


 Step 4:  Pin to right side of shirt.  Stitch.  Fold the stitched edged under and tack in place.  I also tacked the cuff in place on the outside of the shirt as well at the top of the sleeve.  


She love it so much, she wore it to a dance!  I snapped a few pics as she was heading out the door.  


TADAAA!!






It took me about an hour and I save $76.01 on the original. 


To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Love the fabric and it sits beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the black Splendid shirt! I love it! And I LOVE yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! You did a great job and thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute top. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    www.adornedfromabove.com
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. o man I LOVE IT!!!
    thanks for sharing girl:)
    xo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are amazing!! i only wish!

    Have a great night! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It fits her beautifully and man at that price what great fabric! Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I want! Haha so cute!

    Newest follower via the hop and would love for you to stop by!

    Samantha
    hooahandhiccups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE it! Such a cute fabric. I'm off to check out the link to the tutorial that goes with this. Thanks for sharing :)
    BTW.. I found this via the Mine for the Making linky.

    Cass x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this one better than the original! The pink is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWZA! Looks incredible... anything with polka dots is sweet, but add in pink? AMAZING! You did such a great job! (I thought I followed you... but don't see my name on GFC. Clicking to follow you FOR REAL now!) jules

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is amazing!! It looks incredible! I'd love for you to stop by and link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an awesome top! What a score on the fabric, too. Thanks so much for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday. I hope we see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great tutorial. I've pinned it for a rainy day when I need to make a cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I'm featuring you on this weeks tip-toe thru Tuesday party. Stop by and grab a featured button, if you would like!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the pattern and style! I am new to sewing and this is my DREAM to make my own clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like yours SO much more! Thanks for coming to party with us at Whimsy Wednesday!

    Kelly,
    Smart! School {House}
    www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this shirt!!! Beautiful! Featuring you :)

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling! And so impressive that you whipped it up without a pattern. Thanks so much for sharing it on Fabulous Friday.

    Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! It's so cute! I'd love for you to come link up to our party where we can show off all of our old or new projects! :)
    http://www.cutesycrafts.com/2013/04/an-oldie-but-goodie-12.html - Jessica

    ReplyDelete