Thursday, December 15, 2011

We all Scream for Ice Cream Gift Cards!




I was working on some homemade magnets for the kid's teachers. Epic Fail. Plan B=Gift Cards.  I searched pinterest for cute holders and saw these:Pig_lwk_cho_1_large

Cute and they looked pretty easy.
I busted out some chocolate and vanilla colored card stock.  (I made mine 7 inches wide, so when folded it would fit in a regular envelope).  Then I cut a 3 1/2 piece of brown and cut waves in the bottom to look like melted chocolate. I used my corner rounder, to round all the corners. Then I used photo corners to attach the gift card and glued a Popsicle stick on the back.



For the record, I think the original out of felt are way cuter, but overall I'm thrilled with how they turned out. Although now I really want a Costco ice cream bar.  Hopefully the teachers will appreciate that I didn't give them a coffee mug or lotion.
Pin It
Linking up here

Tip Junkie handmade projects

17 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a gift card! Love the ice cream idea! A perfect gift for our teacher. :) Putting this in my idea file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! Especially with a Coldstone gift card, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are being featured today at Lady Behind The Curtain on Feature Friday! Please stop by and grab a "Feature Friday" button. Thanks for sharing your talent! ---Sheryl---
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?page_id=1844

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! What a great idea. Stopping by from TT&J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I love your version, such a fun idea, makes me wish I had a cold stone around here!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I pinned these so I can remember them =o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute g.c. holders. Happy holidays from Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect! Yours are great, and the fact they hold a sweet surprise inside makes them even better! Well done. PS - I just found you via designdazzle, and I'm loving the story behind your blog name. I've joined up, and I'd love you to pop over to my craft blog and join up too - if I can get to 50 followers my hubby might shush! LOL! http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea. So cute! Pinning it for later use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute idea!!! I will need to make this because I bought my sister a cold stone gift card!!! thanks so much for the idea! Could you come link it up over here... http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/12/project-party-weekend-come-link-up-your.html#comment-form
    hope to see you there!!!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute and there are a lot of possible variations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are so super cute. what a fun summer birthday favor, too! have to remember this one...

    And thanks for linking up to the www.pinterestchallenge.com!

    Rebecca
    www.betterlifebags.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So simple, so cute! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its a smart gift card holder idea, i like it.


    plastic card holders

    ReplyDelete