Monday, December 12, 2011

Peppermint Bark Brownie Bites

December 10 was the busiest day of our lives.  We had:  church party, swim meet, piano recital, work party, and a football banquet all on Saturday (luckily a basketball game was canceled) and in all different directions all over the city.  For all of this holiday merriment, I had to make: a main dish, salad, cookies for 35 people, a dessert, and some sort of brunch item. 
I saw several versions of peppermint bark brownies on pinterest, but I ran out 13 x 9 pans.  I actually like brownie bites better anyway, so I busted out my mini-muffin tins and made my favorite Holiday treat EVER! 

 I mixed up a box of brownies.  I added 1/4 cup crushed candy canes before baking.  Then I added about a Tb of batter to a greased muffin tin.  Bake @350 for 8 minutes.
Immediately, after removing them from the oven, drop 3-4 chocolate chips on each bite.  This will make them melt, and then spread the chocolate around with the back side of the spoon.  Lick spoon-it's yummy.  Let cool until chocolate is set.  Then melt either almond bark( I used 3 squares) or white chocolate in the microwave (15 seconds and then stir, repeat).  Add a tsp of melted white stuff on top of each bite.  Sprinkle with more crushed candy cane. Enjoy!!! Holiday Treat Perfection!
Pin It
Linking up here.

10 comments:

  1. I wish I would have seen this post on Saturday when I had to make a yummy dessert! I can't believe that with everything you had to do, you had time to create such an awesome dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They didn't take too long-they just looked like they did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! These look amazing!!
    funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh YUM! I am a peppermint bark addict - love these! I need all the brownie ideas I can get for care packages! They ship so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, these look delicious! Why is it that every busy thing always ends up in the same week or on the same day?? I would love for you to join my weekly linky, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...I absolutely love the chocolate and peppermint combo!

    Thanks so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me...", my friend! Just a reminder that leaving a comment on the post this week gives you an automatic entry into my Wednesday night drawing for the $25 GC to the Hodgson Mill online store.

    Warmest wishes and happy holidays,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so yummy!! I love chocolate and peppermint together. I made something very similar last week - you should check it out! Very similar, except I inserted a candy cane hershey kiss into each brownie bite. I love how you added crushed candy canes directly to the batter. I am going to try this next time! I found you at Crazy Sweet Tuesday - so glad I did!

    http://theweeklysweetexperiment.blogspot.com/2011/12/candy-cane-kiss-brownie-bites.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yum! I would love if you would come share it at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party! http://mrsfoxssweets.blogspot.com/2011/12/mrs-foxs-sweet-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUMMINESS! I features these today at Mushki Loves My Stuff! I would love it if you linked up some more of your awesomeness!

    Loves,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete