Apparently half the blog-o-sphere made large antiqued signs that read either "Joy" or "Noel" last month. I never took a picture of it during Christmas, but here's mine laying on my kitchen counter:
When I was finally putting away my Christmas Decor, I thought I could flip it over and put something Valentinesy on the back.
If you want to make your own, it's a super low tech project.
1. Step 1: lightly paint your board
optional: sand it when it dries.
2. I found the bee on The Graphics Fairy
3. I used the Mod Podge Method from Matsutake here to transfer the image to the wood. I was pleasantly surprised when it actually worked.
4. I printed out m-i-n-e from my computer (i even used scrap paper) and cut out the letters. The font is teletype and the size is 550. Then I just plain old scissors to cut out the letters.
5. Tape the letters on the board and use paint to fill them in.
optional: sand it (not the bee)
6. I painted the bee with an additional coat of Mod Podge. After it dried, I used spray polyurethane to coat the entire thing.
Here' it is hanging out on my front porch.
Is it bragging if I say that I kind of love it?