Thursday, August 30, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Bread

 My middle child hates school deeply and passionately.  If it wasn't for PE and lunch, I don't think I'd get him on the bus in the morning.   To lesson the blow of school starting this week, I wanted to make him something special for dinner .  
Chicken Wings are his very favorite and so when I saw this on Pinterest I thought I'd give it a try.  The original recipe can be found here (finding a new life through food), but here's how I made mine:

You'll Need:
Pizza Dough (recipe below if you need one)
2 cups Cheddar Cheese
2-3 cooked and shredded chicken breast
Louisiana Hot Sauce
Bleu Cheese Dressing

Preheat oven to 400. Grease a cookie sheet and sprinkle white cornmeal on top. Mix chicken and hot sauce.  (I used just enough to turn the chicken red, because I was worried about it being to spicy-but add as much as you'd like). Mix in cheese. Roll out pizza dough into a rectangle. Top w/ chicken mixture.  Roll dough into a log and pinch seams. (I rolled one the long way and one the short way and didn't notice much difference) Place on cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.  Serve with bleu cheese dressing.

Pizza Dough (it makes 2)
You'll need:
1 Tbl oil
1 Tbl sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbl yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 cups of flour

Mix oil, sugar, and water in a mixing bowl.  Sprinkle yeast on top. Cover with dish cloth and let rest for 5 minutes until it gets foamy.  Add 1 cup of flour and salt.  Mix well.  Add enough of the remaining flour one cup at a time until it forms a stiff dough.  Knead every 10 minutes for the next hour (I just used my bread hook on my mixer). Don't stress too much about this.  I haven't really noticed a difference when I only remember to knead it 2 times and it still worked out.  Also when I've been in a rush, I have only let it rise for 30 minutes and it still turned out just fine.


It was super yummy!  I was worried the bread would be hard or soggy, but it was perfect.  I am so making it again, but next time I am going to add olives and onions.



UPDATE: This was so good, I actually made it again yesterday.  My family was thrilled to have it twice in one week.  I added olives, but while all of us love black olives, we didn't love them in this.  It wasn't disgusting, but we all agreed it's better sans olives.

To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It
Proudly featured at:

11 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy Tara... don't you just love Pinterest for yummy meal ideas!!
    Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo good, Pinterest addict approved! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    xoxo, Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy. We love buffalo chicken at our house. This looks like such and easy way to make it too. I'd love it if you shared this over at my link party. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/09/1-month-of-fun-september-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and delicious looking. The photos made me want to snatch it off the screen and munch into it. It does look so good - love Pinterest. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all love chicken wings at our house. This recipe sounds super yummy, I am going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks SO good!!! My son is the same way about school! I am your newest follower! Follow me at www.threekendrickblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious. Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. You helped make my par-tay a success!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I will have to try this recipe. I am a follower of your blog and would love if you could pop over to my new blog http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/ and share the blog love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete