Friday, September 23, 2011

R2D2 Cake

I few weeks ago my friend Kiersten made an awesome Mario Cake for her son.  Since I am no "Ace of Cakes", I thought the min-cupcake mosiac would be a good option for me.  My baby is having a Star Wars Lego party and so I thought it would be easy to make an R2D2 cake.  I must be slow, because it took me all day long. I had to adjust several times, b/c it wouldn't fit on the board. The thing is huge. Now that I'm looking at it, I'm going to move a few of the blue one's around.

The big parties tomorrow and guess which new weapon we are adding to the Jedi arsenal?---the Thumb Gun.  Little guy was climbing over our fence (why?) and broke his arm.  He is actually in a real cast now, but he spent all weekend firing off his thumb gun.  I'm crossing off the obstacle course and water balloons from the party activities. The doctor told me not to let him run around for the next 3 weeks until he gets it off. Yeah right?


Here's dozens more Lego and Star Wars ideas.

I link up with these fabulous parties, here and here.

UPDATE:  I thought the arms were too skinny-hubby fixed it.

6 comments:

  1. It turned out great!
    Good luck not letting him run around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - my son loves Star Wars right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! My son is 28 and I think he would love it too! Sorry about your son. Hope it heals quickly. Blessings,
    AlwaysSewLove

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool ideas. My 8 year old is a Star Wars fanatic... So, I'll be using some of these! :)

    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea - my boys would flip over this

    ReplyDelete