Monday, September 12, 2011

Rise and Shout the Cougars Are Out!

Since it's still reaching almost 100 degrees everyday, I wasn't quite ready to put up my fall wreath, and I thought doing a BYU football themed wreath would be fun.  Despite the fact that they lost against UT on Saturday.

Step one: Cut 2 different size squares.

 Step 2: Fold each square into fourths
 Step 3: With scissors, round the corner so that when you unfold it, it forms a flower shape.
Step 4- Layer a small flower on top of a large flower, pierce w/ an upholstery tack and hot glue to wreath.

I punched out a bunch of gift tags and used my Cricut to cut out letters.  Then I covered them in a few coats of mod podge and tied them w/ twine to the wreath. 

I can easily remove the tags and change it up for other occasions.

I may go back and  add a "BYU" or "Go Cougars" since none of my Texas neighbors have any clue that "Rise and Shout" is the first line of BYU's fight song.  Or I may just leave it the way it is, and it can be our family's inside joke.

Update:  I added some BYU stickers to a wood football that I got at Hobby Lobby.  I'd really like to find a cool navy and white ribbon to hang it from, but it's turned out to be harder than I thought it would be.

 I link up with these fabulous parties, here and here.



  1. I LOVE IT! go BYU!

  2. That is fabulous and makes me wish I were a football fan. Don't hold it against me. ;-)

    I am a new follower from the Tuesday Time Out Hop. If you have a moment, come by and say hi!

  3. Love it! We are True Blue in our house, thanks so much for sharing!

    Brie from

  4. This is so cute! I bought a bunch of burlap and I am trying to find ways to use it up. I'm a new follower. I hope you'll stop by!

  5. How fun! I love your burlap flowers!

  6. Why I've never thought to make a college football wreath before, I have no idea because it's so fun! :) I so need to!!
    I have a college football tailgate link party every Saturday in the fall and would love to have you link this up! :)

  7. I love the burlap flowers! What a creative and lovely way to show school/team spirit!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Rook No. 17!