Monday, September 26, 2011

Use the Fork Luke

Are you sick of Star Wars posts yet?  Hope not, because I've got 2 more. The big day was Saturday and I think it was a big success.  So many great ideas out there: Han Burgers and Hoth Dogs, Bobba Fettuccine, Darth Cheddar.... but this is what we ate:
I found these green plates at Target.  My hubby drew on a Yoda face, and I folded the napkin to make the ears.  I used black and silver duct tape to transform the silverware into lightsabers.

Tuscan Raider Taters-AKA Tater Tots (I guess we could have also called them "Darth Taters"

Dagobah Swamp-AKA apple sauce w/ green food coloring

Carbonite-AKA Jello w/ Han Solo guy inside

Wookie Cookies-AKA no bake cookies
Yoda Soda-Sprite and lime sherbet
Leg O' TaunTaun (get it Leg'O =Lego)-AKA oven bake drumsticks
Marshmallow Lego head pops
 CAKE

Lots more Lego Ideas (and some of my original inspiration) found here (Lego ideas) and here (Star Wars ideas).
I'm linking up to these parties here and here.
Visit thecsiproject.com

18 comments:

  1. Love the Yoda plates and light saber fork and knife. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - cute idea! My nephews would go CRAZY for a party like that!! :)
    shannonsews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I've been looking for a theme for our Family dinner night this week, and this is TOTALLY it. I can't wait to try all these fun ideas and wow my family.

    Thanks so much for sharing. (I'm also going to pin this to my Star Wars party board for all my party followers!) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...so fun! Can't wait to show my 7 year old :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Those Wookie cookies look pretty tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, this is seriously darling!!! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. big star wars fans here...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is AWESOME!!! My boys would LOVE these!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! Love all these ideas :) You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the wookie cookies are seriously my favorite cookie i've ever seen! thanks so much for linking this up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    andie
    http://crayonfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many creative ideas...I love 'em all! Thank you for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17! I've spotlighted your post on my Facebook page today.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is all adorable, and I'm really loving the Wookie Cookies, the name alone is making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, everything looks wonderful. My boys would have loved all of this when they were little. Too bad we didn't have blogs back then. I am now following you after seeing you on Bloggeritaville. Please check out my blog and perhaps you would care to follow me also. I would love that. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow this is awesome! love the table settings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Yoda plate and napkin ideas are brilliant! Love your creativity. The force was clearly with you.

    ReplyDelete